Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from the Island Creek Oyster Bar in Boston, Massachusetts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shuck oysters, reserving natural juices and bottom shells.
- 2In a large saute pan, heat oil on medium and add fennel, stirring frequently, and saute until soft and beginning to color, about 4-6 minutes. Add apple and saute for 2 minutes.
- 3Add oyster liquid and increase heat to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in zest, juice and sage. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Preheat grill to high. Carefully place oyster meat in reserved shell bottoms and top with fennel mixture. Transfer to grill, being careful not to spill juices.
- 5Grill until juices begin to bubble and meat is warmed through. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Northeastern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Island Creek Grilled Oysters With Fennel and Sage
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.0 mg
- Sodium 232.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: