Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the Island Creek Oyster Bar in Boston, Massachusetts.
Make and share this Island Creek Grilled Oysters With Fennel and Sage recipe from Food.com.
- 24 oysters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, cored shoots removed diced (save fennel top for other uses)
- 1 cup mcintosh apple, finely diced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 leaves fresh sage, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Shuck oysters, reserving natural juices and bottom shells.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil on medium and add fennel, stirring frequently, and saute until soft and beginning to color, about 4-6 minutes. Add apple and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add oyster liquid and increase heat to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in zest, juice and sage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to high. Carefully place oyster meat in reserved shell bottoms and top with fennel mixture. Transfer to grill, being careful not to spill juices.
- Grill until juices begin to bubble and meat is warmed through. Serve immediately.