Recipe by LizCl
The coconut and nuts make this cookie truly exceptional.
Top Review by Chatty Patty
My husband and I made these for our Christmas cookie platter that we took to a friend's house. Her son gave us two thumbs up! To me that was the ultimate compliment. We will be making these again. I love the combination of the coconut, white chips and the coconut.
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or 1 3⁄4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted if desired
- 3⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts or 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Beat in egg.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chips, coconut and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 11 minutes.