Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Macadamias, bananas and pineapple combine for the taste of the tropics.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 dried pineapple rings, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Sift flour, powder, soda, salt, nutmeg into bowl.
- On medium-high, beat butter in bowl until creamy. Add sugars and mashed banana; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in vanilla.
- On low, beat in flour mixture. Stir in chips, coconut, chopped pineapple and macadamia nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in 375 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool cookies on sheet on wire rack for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
The flavors of the three payload fruits all come through in these great cookies. They're really chewy too. Parchment paper on the cookie sheets is helpful.