Recipe by Kathy228
My version of island pesto. This tastes great on grilled shrimp, as a sandwich spread. Use it like chutney, pesto, a dip, or a spread.
Top Review by Meredith K.
This is different, and very good! I think I would like a bit more lime juice, next time. Although this was nice on some grilled chicken, I had leftovers, and I made it into a pretty tasty spread by adding some cream cheese and crushed pineapple.
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut, firmly packed
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first eight ingredients in food processor. NOTE: Don't add sugar if the coconut is sweetened.
- Process about 1 minute till almost smooth but not pureed. Leave some texture.
- Drizzle in the olive oil while processing.
- If too thick add water or coconut milk, a tbsp at a time.
- Chill at least 3-hours. Flavors develop best when chilled overnight. Thin with a little water or coconut milk if necessary.