1/2 Photos of Island Cilantro Pesto
My version of island pesto. This tastes great on grilled shrimp, as a sandwich spread. Use it like chutney, pesto, a dip, or a spread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut, firmly packed
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup water or 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1Place first eight ingredients in food processor. NOTE: Don't add sugar if the coconut is sweetened.
- 2Process about 1 minute till almost smooth but not pureed. Leave some texture.
- 3Drizzle in the olive oil while processing.
- 4If too thick add water or coconut milk, a tbsp at a time.
- 5Chill at least 3-hours. Flavors develop best when chilled overnight. Thin with a little water or coconut milk if necessary.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Island Cilantro Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.7
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 155.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g