Recipe by Thymestudio
Flavorful chicken recipe that works great with rice and a salad for a summertime dinner.
- 5 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 lemons, juice of or 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 2 cups tamarind pulp, nectar
- 1 cup water or 1 cup broth
- salt and pepper, to tast
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken, then rub it with the lemon or lime juice.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add chicken in batches; lightly brown chicken. Remove; set pieces aside.
- Reduce heat slightly and add garlic. Stir, then add onions; cook until lightly colored.
- Stir in the ginger. Pour in the tamarind nectar and water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken pieces to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 1 hour or until chicken is tender.