Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in Cuisine At Home's Weeknight Menus. I like this because of the feeling that you are eating down on the islands with the nice flowing music and the "je ne sait quois" attitude.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (forget that bottled kind)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- vanilla ice cream
- toasted sweetened coconut
- macadamia nuts, toasted & chopped lightly
- Melt butter, brown sugar, lime juice, rum and seasonings in a large skilklet over medium low heat.
- Add bananas and pineapple, saute until tender, but not soft, about 1-2 minutes.(Add the fruit to the butter-sugar mixture. Stir gently with a wooden spoon to coat.).
- Serve over scoops of ice cream, garnished with coconut and sprinkling of nuts.
- *Coconut, toasted in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes, until light brown.**Toast macadamia nuts in the same manner.