Key lime pie in standard pie crust.
Make and share this Islamorada Key Lime Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whip together condensed milk and separated egg yolks until light and creamy at medium speed, about 8 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup lime juice.
- Let rotate at low speed for about 1 second.
- Fold a few times with a rubber spatula.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Let stand.
- Beat separated egg whites with cream of tartar for a full five minutes.
- Add sugar.
- Beat another full five minutes.
- Spread on top of pie.
- Brown in oven.
I just made this last night and enjoyed it every much, I did follow the advice of chia to cook at 300 for 40 minutes too because of the eggs, but it was perfect, thanks so much
this was very good and the meringue turned out perfectly. the only change was that i baked it for 40 minutes at 300, i wanted to make sure that all those eggs wwere cooked. first time i've made really good thick meringue in ages, i used my kitchenaid to mix it.