Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This cookie has a very delicate flavor. They are so good sometimes I just serve them plain without the raspberry preserves. You must keep dough refrigerated in order to work with it. It can be a bit tricky transferring the cookies to your baking sheet. Just have patience and you will be rewarded.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond, ground
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Beat butter, cream cheese, sugar and egg in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour mixture, blending well.
- Stir in ground almonds and lemon rind.
- Turn dough onto waxed paper (mixture will be sticky).
- Shape into a ball.
- Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll out dough 1/4 at a time on lightly floured board with lightly floured rolling pin.
- Cut into rounds with 3 inch cutter.
- Cut out 1/2 inch circles from half of cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 15 mintues or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool completely.
- Heat preserves in small saucepan.
- Spread layer of preserves on solid cookie and top with cookie with hole in middle.
- Sprinkle with powedered sugar and put a dab of preserves in hole.
- Store in airtight tin.