Recipe by Happy Harry #2
You don't usually think of dessert at breakfast time, but with this hot compote, you feel like you are really cheating! Great for a brunch party!...but you can cut the amount down for just a twosome also.
- 18 5⁄8 ounces pear halves in natural juice, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried apricots, whole
- 1⁄4 cup seedless grapes, halved (raisins are a good subsitute)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered & toasted
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, slivered
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, large and deep enough to hold all the pears, simmer the apricots, grapes, Amaretto and water(If using raisins, put them in the liquid about five minutes before the apricots, to plump)for 10 ten minutes.
- Add the pears, hollow side up, sprinkle with the almonds and candied ginger.
- Place a tsp of marshmallow creme in each hollow. Continue to heat until the pears are warm and the creme begins to melt.
- *Make sure that each serving has some grapes around the pear and that at least one apricot is leaning against the pear. You know, effect, effect!
- These little treats go so well with gingersnap cookies.