Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a classic twist to meatloaf that the kids usually LOVE because it's made with cheese, mustard and ketchup like a cheeseburger. I got the recipe from my cousin and it's a hit at my house. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat egg.
- Add ground beef, bread crumbs, and onion; mix well.
- On waxed paper, press meat mix into rectangle.
- Lay 2 slices cheese on top.
- Spread ketchup and mustard on cheese (don't get to close to edges it may leak out).
- Roll into a long loaf, sealing edges.
- Slice remaining piece of cheese diagonally and reserve.
- Place meatloaf into loaf pan (may need to "smoosh" sides to fit).
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until internal temp is 175°F (if your meat isn't lean you may need to drain some of the grease out of the pan).
- Top with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.