1/5 Photos of Is It Frittata or is It Quiche
This came about when wanting to make a light quick easy tea for the DM and myself. I started out thinking mushroom frittata but then there was 1 lonely tortilla there and I decided it need to be used so the following recipe was created. I photographed it step by step (after cooking up mushrooms) and is in this thread http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=289609. I didn't accurately measure the ingredients so they are approximate as is the timing. I served with a simple salad. You could cut into small wedges and serve as you would a pizza. You could of course use other fillings other than mushrooms, I have since used steamed vegetables or left over roast vegetables or ham or cooked chicken with vegetables, let your imagination run wild or depending on what you have left over in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced, I used button or small cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 inch) tortillas (to fit frypan or skillet)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (I use hi-lo which is low fat)
- salt and pepper (I don't use salt but I am generous with freshly ground pepper)
- 1 cup cheese (grated, I use tasty or cheddar)
- 1Combine egg and milk adding salt (if using) and pepper and whisk well together.
- 2Melt butter in frypan/skillet over a medium heat and cook mushrooms till tender and there is no liquid, transfer to a plate.
- 3Put the tortilla into the frypan/skillet, brown on one side and turn.
- 4Scatter cooked mushrooms over the tortilla and half the cheese.
- 5Pour eggs over the mix and rest of cheese.
- 6Pull the egg mix from the edge of the frypan/skillet and swirl the uncooked mix to the edge, when nearly cooked (will still be wet at the centre), put under the grill/broiler and finish cooking till set.
- 7Slide onto plate and halve and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Is It Frittata or is It Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 949.6
- Calories from Fat 547
- Total Fat 60.8 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 741.6 mg
- Sodium 1847.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 50.1 g