Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe from one of the cooking demos I attended, its really yummy, and easy to make. Kids will love its chocolaty flavor, i always get praises whenever i make these, you can also put frosting and sprinkles on top.
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 18 cupcake molders with baking paper.
- Set aside.
- In a thick saucepan, melt together the butter and the chocolate.
- Set aside to cool down for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder,baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and milk.
- Beat at medium speed until blended.
- Pour in the chocolate-butter mixture.
- Continue to beat until well incorporated.
- Then, add the flour mixture.
- Beat until no trace of flour is visible.
- Using a rubber scraper, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter equally among the prepared molders. Bake for 15 to 20 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This is a good muffins. I melted the chocolate in the microwave to save on time, but otherwise made as directed. I used milk chocolate chips. After 15 minutes mine were a little over done, but that my be just my oven, but I would check after 12 minutes. These have good flavour and are easy to put together. Thanks for the recipe.