- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk, vanilla and egg in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well-blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture at low speed.
- Mix just until blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with lines of fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack.