Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 mins
Courtesy of Crisco®
- 3⁄4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1⁄2 stick Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks or 1⁄2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all purpose Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 375°F Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with tines of fork.
- BAKE one baking sheet at a time 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.
I have made this recipe many times, and through tweaking each time, I have found that I receive the best results by using a whole cup of peanut butter, half Crisco, half butter, and decrease the amount of salt used to to 1/2 teaspoon. These cookies are wonderful---soft, chewy and not too sweet. A favorite of my family.
I just love this recipe, thank-you for having it on this site! I know that Jif has the recipe on the back of their peunut butter jars, but I had a different brand in the house, so I didn't have the recipe.
I followed this recipe to a "T" and it turned out spectacular, "like usual" there is just something about using crisco that just makes these cookies amazing. I prefer baking time 7 minutes, the cookies are completely moist at that time.