Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
That's what the Crisco can calls these cookies. I have always loved Peanut Butter Cookies and always have tried different recipes as they were not quite right. One day, I saw this recipe on the can and thought that I should try it. I'm so glad I did. They are a dropped cookie and then crisscrossed on the top and not a rolled-in-a-ball cookie. I figured out that by rolling them first, they got tough, and dropping them on the cookie sheet keeps them crumbly and good. And, yes, the amount of vanilla is correct.
- Combine peanut butter, Crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add egg and beat just until blended.
- Mix in the flour, salt, and baking soda at low speed and mix just till blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2" apart onto an ungreased sheet.
- Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with tines of a floured fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the sheet before removing.
This is my favorite Peanut Butter Cookie recipe! Moist and tender on the inside and crispy on the outside... perfection! I sometimes add chopped peanuts and milk chocolate chips... takes to another dimension... yum!
Thanks Mimi, a good cookie. Quicker to make because they're just dropped and not rolled. I used a small cookie scoop and got 5 dozen. Next time I might try a little more peanut butter. I thought the dough was too soft and added 2 Tblsp more flour, but I don't think it really needs it. Thanks for sharing. Janet