Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cookies sandwiches are absolutely delicious and irresistible! My husband took one bite and exclaimed that these were his new favorite dessert. The secret ingredient is Hershey's cinnamon chips!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar (tightly packed)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 cup hershey's cinnamon baking chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the cookies:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, cream margarine, sugars, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add to the creamed mixture; mix in the oats.
- Fold in the 1 cup of Hershey's cinnamon chips.
- Drop dough by TBSP on ungreased sheets. (or use parchment-lined cookie sheets).
- Bake at 350°F.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes,or until just starting to brown around the edges.
- Cool on wire racks.
- For the filling:.
- Combine all ingredients in a standing mixer.
- Beat on high for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- To make the sandwiches:.
- Spread 1 tablespoon (or more if desired) of cream filling over the bottom side of half of the cookies, top with remaining cookies.