4 hrs 25 mins
Southern Lady's Note:
This recipe is from the Dallas Morning News Food Section, circa 1990(???).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml evaporated milk
- 59.14 ml butter (or margarine)
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares (1 oz sq each)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml coffee ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 chocolate-flavored pie crust (save the plastic lid!)
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 29.58 ml coffee liqueur
- 59.14 ml pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1In a small saucepan, cook evaporated milk, butter, chocolate and sugar over low heat, stirring constantly 10 to 15 minutes until thick as cooked pudding before it cools.
- 2Cool completely.
- 3Spoon softened ice cream into pie crust and spread evenly.
- 4Spread chocolate mixture over ice cream.
- 5Place pie in freezer.
- 6Beat heavy cream with electric mixer until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- 7With mixer running, add coffee liqueur and beat until completely blended and stiff peaks form.
- 8Spread over chocolate mixture.
- 9Cover pie with plastic lid and freeze at least 4 hours until firm.
- 10About 15 mins before serving, remove lid, sprinkle with nuts and place in the refrigerator to soften ice cream slightly.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irresistible Coffee Ice Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.7
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 98.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-flavored pie crusts