Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Grapes, chicken,macadamia nuts and celery with a hint of ginger. Delish! Another family favorite from my Junior League of Phoenix Recipe book. It is important to either shred the chicken or dice in very small pieces. Made this one time with large pieces of chicken and it overpowered the rest of the ingredients
- 4 cups chicken (cooked, diced in small pieces or shredded)
- 3 cups grapes (seedless and halved)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ginger (minced)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel (grated-zest)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
- Combine chicken, grapes and celery in a large bowl; mix well.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, ginger, sugar, salt, zest and juice in a small bowl; whisk until well mixed.
- Pour over chicken mixture; mix well. Chill covered to blend flavors, serve on lettuce leaves and top with macadamia nuts.
Loved the ginger in this salad. It gave it such a wonderful flavor. Didn't have the nuts but still great.
Oh boy, what a treat this was. It was so good. It could have easily passed for dessert even with the chicken in it. I omitted the nayonnaise as I didn't have any and never even missed it. I also used candied ginger as I was out of fresh. This is a salad that I will make often. The red seedless grapes and celery give it a nice crunch. We enjoyed the flavors and textures in this dish very much. Kudos on a great recipe that I will make again. :)
This was good. It was the first time that I've ever had grapes in my chicken salad. I only had the black seedless grapes, but I think it would have been better with red or green grapes. I did cut it down to 2 servings as I knew that my DD & DH wouldn't eat it. Will try again with different grapes. Thanks for posting this. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag.