Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My uncle is an Ironman triathlete, and this is what he always eats on hard training days or before events... He always made it for me when I was little, so it's one of my ultimate comfort foods!
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 2 -3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- Combine oats and water in a very deep microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, depending on your microwave wattage. (Alternatively, oats can be cooked on the stove).
- Remove oatmeal from microwave (careful, it's hot!) and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Can be made with more raisins, really it's up to your own raisin tolerance :).
- Sometimes I add slivered almonds or walnuts, depending on my mood and their availability.
This is excellent! I omitted the raisins because we don't have any right now, and I didn't really feel like anything was missing. Also, I just kind of eyeballed the amount of honey (I probably used close to 1 Tbsp). What a great breakfast! I love the texture and taste the grape nuts give to the oatmeal. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting it!
Really tasty and filling. I like to add a variety of chopped fruits and nuts to it.
My tolerance for raisins is HIGH, so I used probably 1/3 cup, otherwise made the recipe as indicated, for a VERY TASTY breakfast! Definitely worth the small effort to make! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]