Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A terrific chicken dish.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken tenders or 2 lbs sliced chicken breasts
- 120 inches wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Combine honey, soy sauce, black pepper, chipotle chilies,olive oil and lime juice in blender; process until emulsified. Add salt to taste.
- Place chicken and one-half of the marinade in a resealable bag; marinate 4 hours or overnight. Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto soaked skewers. Discard used marinade. Cook chicken skewers on a hot grill; baste once after turning. Serve with any unused marinade and your favorite side dish.
- Makes 6 servings.
Well, hard as I tried, I couldn't screw up this recipe! I got busy and didn't put together the marinade before I left for work. It started raining in the afternoon so no grilling for us. And I couldn't find my skewers. Turns out, you can't ruin this recipe! I only marinaded for about 30 minutes and grilled it on my cast iron grill pan thingie. Delicious! I cut the amount of peppers in half out of fear, but next time I think I will make just as written. The most surprising thing for me, what that it actually reminded me of barbecue sauce. I think it would be fabulous served on pulled pork sandwiches. Thanks so much for sharing, MarraMamba!
DH loved this chicken. I used it in Mexican Cobb Salad for the chicken. Lots of marinade leftover so will have this again soon.
Great Tasting !!! I did leave out the salt though, I did marinate these overnight with great results. May cut back on the lime juice next time, but will definate keep this one. Made for ZAAR STARS.