1/3 Photos of Iron Skillet Peach Upside Down Cake
1 hr 15 mins
I love cooking in my iron skillet, so when I ran across this recipe while thumbing through an old cookbook, I just could not resist giving it a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Melt the 2 tablespoons butter in large iron skillet (frying pan), on top of stove.
- 4Add brown sugar, mix well and turn off heat.
- 5Press brown sugar mixture evenly onto bottom of skillet.
- 6Arrange peaches and cherries, in any pattern you prefer, on top of the brown sugar.
- 7Mix 1/2 cup softened butter and white sugar in bowl and blend well.
- 8Add eggs, and blend.
- 9Next add the flour, baking powder, salt and milk and blend until creamy.
- 10Add vanilla flavoring and blend.
- 11Spread batter on top of peaches and set pan on top of cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- 12Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then run a knife along the edges of the skillet to loosen.
- 13Place cake plate on top of skillet and invert, allowing cake to drop out of the skillet.
- 14Serve warm with whipped cream on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iron Skillet Peach Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.1
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.1 mg
- Sodium 374.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 52.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: