Recipe by Punky Julster
This is my mom's recipe and it is my very favorite chocolate pie. It is so rich and yummy. You don't have to make it in an iron skillet either.
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk, mixed with
- 1 cup water, to make 2 cups
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄8 cup margarine (melted)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in iron skillet.
- You can use a heavy sauce pot.
- That is what I use.
- Stir in cocoa, flour, sugar, salt to mixture.
- Add well-beaten egg yolks and milk.
- Cook on low heat; stirring with a whisk until thick.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into 9" baked pie shell.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Store in the refrigerator.