Recipe by Darlene Summers
I cook in an iron skillet often because I'm always on the border of being anemic and eating food cooked in an iron skillet gives you added iron in your diet. This is a real tasty treat too.
- 1 cup corn flakes, crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 lb bacon (diced or fried crisp and crumbled)
- vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together corn flake crumbs, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; set aside.
- Fry bacon in iron skillet until crisp; place on paper towel to drain.
- Reserve the drippings from the bacon.
- Add enough oil to the bacon drippings to measure 1/2 cup.
- Pour into small bowl.
- Stir in eggs and milk.
- Add to corn flakes mixture.
- Stir till combined; fold in 1/2 of the crumbled bacon bits.
- Bake in 400° oven for approximately 30 minutes or till golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Loosen edges while still warm and cut into wedges.
- Serve while hot.
- This may also be baked in a regular cake pan.