I am the original magazine recipe clipper. This is another one of those recipes clipped from a magazine in years gone by. Try it, you might like it!!!!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in large iron skillet and place in oven to melt.
- When butter is melted, stir in brown sugar, place back in oven and let that melt together.
- Place 1 pie crust on top of the mixture that is in the skillet.
- Mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Place apple slices on top of pie crust and cover with the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place second pie crust on top and make small slits in crust and seal on the edges Bake 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with a vanilla cream or ice cream.