Recipe by Jellyqueen
I am the original magazine recipe clipper. This is another one of those recipes clipped from a magazine in years gone by. Try it, you might like it!!!!!
Top Review by MySharona
I was SO glad to find this recipe. I clipped it from a magazine years ago, and then lost it. My family requested that I make it again, so I had to go looking. This recipe is OUTSTANDING. I usually also add a little nutmeg. This is a great recipe for beginners. It doesn't always make the prettiest pie, but it is usually the tastiest!!! Thanks, jellyqueen!! :-)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 pie crusts
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 -6 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in large iron skillet and place in oven to melt.
- When butter is melted, stir in brown sugar, place back in oven and let that melt together.
- Place 1 pie crust on top of the mixture that is in the skillet.
- Mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Place apple slices on top of pie crust and cover with the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place second pie crust on top and make small slits in crust and seal on the edges Bake 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with a vanilla cream or ice cream.