Recipe by Mr-Mom
This makes a hearty, full flavored, wonderfully textured 1 1/2 lb. Dark Rye Bread. I had a hard time finding a Rye Bread recipe dark enough, so I combined 5 or 6 different ideas from lots of recipes to get my desired "strength" of Rye. There are a TON of ingredients, I know...but it's worth the effort. Enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 tablespoons gluten flour
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon caraway seed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in bread machine according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
- You may substitute 1 package yeast for 2 tsp yeast.
- If possible, use the Whole Wheat cycle, light crust.
- Be sure to check the dough ball after 5 minutes.
- Add Water or Bread Flour to adjust the consistency.