1/3 Photos of Iron Chef Winner's Japanese Pan-Fried Chicken
Sue Lau's Note:
A recipe from Katsuyo Kobayashi, and her book "Quick and Easy Japanese Cookbook". She was one of two female chefs to defeat Iron Chef Chen Kenichi, and is also considered to be Japan's favorite TV cooking show host.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove excess fat from chicken.
- 2Remove hard end tips of mushrooms, and cut into halves or fourths depending on size.
- 3Destem and remove seeds from peppers; cut into 4-6 pieces if bell peppers are used.
- 4Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat until hot; add chicken skin side down, and cook until skin crisps and turns golden.
- 5Turn chicken and cook other side until brown.
- 6Add mushrooms and peppers to pan.
- 7When meat is cooked done, add the mirin and the soy sauce; turn chicken and vegetables frequently.
- 8Remove chicken when sauce thickens; cut into bite-size pieces.
- 9Arrange all on a platter.
- 10Serve sansho pepper and shichimi togarashi as table condiments.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iron Chef Winner's Japanese Pan-Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 585.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shishito green peppers