Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this online at g.chef.com; I adapted the directions to be easier to follow, for me.
- 15 leaves bok choy
- 1 stalk bok choy
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons water, plus
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 ounces leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) cansweet cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces fresh cream
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons small-size tapioca
- Separate bok choy stalk into 4 pieces lengthwise; place in a large pot with enough salted water to cover; cook over medium heat until tender.
- Drain bok choy stalks and set aside.
- Place tapioca in a saucepan with water, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes; strain and set aside to cool; add water again and repeat process 2 times.
- Chop bok choy leaves and cilantro coarsely, and place in a saucepan of boiling water and cook 1 minute; plunge vegetables in cold water and drain.
- Puree bok choy leaves and cilantro in a blender along with 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp water; set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter and cook leek until tender; add the corn and bring to a boil; stir in the fresh cream; puree mixture in a blender until smooth, return to skillet.
- Add the tapioca and bok choy puree; bring to a boil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with bok choy stalk, if desired.