Recipe by Little Italy
If you love corn bread, try this one! Its better than any iron chef's! Moist and yummy! The corn flavor is awesome! Garnish it with hot maple syrup with cinnamon sprinkled on top NOTE: Its very dense and moist, not your typical dry, coarse corn bread.
Top Review by jillmmmm
I'd give this 10 stars too! I used this recipe as a base, cut it in half, used butter instead of oil, added a chili pepper and did use yogurt. YUM! I'll make this again and again!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal or 1 cup blue cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamed corn (canned)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F; generously grease an 8x8-inch bread pan.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of cornmeal into the greased pan and shake around until all sides are coated. Discard of the remaining cornmeal.
- Stir together the cornmeal, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Beat the eggs until frothy and mix together. Stir in the creamed corn, plain yogurt, and oil. Mix well.
- Pour into the bread pan and bake for 10 minutes at 400°F, then reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for 25 minutes, or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- *If you do not have plain yogurt, use the same amount of sour cream*.