I run a business called The Exquisite Paw Club (sitting, walking, etc). One of my client's told me her dog cannot have many treats due to his allergy to protein. I felt bad for him because she has another dog who can have treats in normal quantity. So, I decided to make a recipe of my own using healthy food. My own dog, Iris, loves them, even though she isn't on a protein restriction. Note: Dough may be sticky. Still bakes fine. If sticky, roll with wet hands. Cookies will have less than a gram of protein. If worried or want to alter, check for protein content of what you use. Rice flour has the lowest protein when compared to wheat or all-purpose flour at 2 grams per 1/4Cup.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Brown sugar).
- Finely dice apples, carrot, and banana (I suggest a blender or chopper to really cut them up and mix them).
- Put fruits into dry mix and add honey.
- Mix content in bowl and then add water until it looks like normal cookie-dough.
- Roll into balls and gently press to make circles.
- Lay them on greased tray with half an inch (they do not puff up or expand much).
- Put in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from tray and let cool until firm (leave out longer if you'd like crunchy cookies--basically letting them stale).