1/5 Photos of Irishman's Omelet
I have cut the bacon back in this recipe - it originally called for 4 oz. For the omelete I like to add 1 tsp flour, 2 tbsp cottage cheese or sour cream & 1/4 cup of milk to the eggs and beat well. The omelete is lighter. Another trick is make this the day after you have made oven fries, make extra fries and then chop them into 1/2" pieces and use instead of the boiled potato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the bacon until crisp and remove to a plate.
- 2Drain most of the bacon grease from the pan.
- 3Fry the onion in the remaining bacon fat until translucent.
- 4Add potatoes, bacon, herbs.
- 5Salt & pepper to taste.
- 6Pour in the eggs cover and cook over medium heat until the eggs are set.
- 7Flip onto a plate and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irishman's Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.0
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 469.2 mg
- Sodium 725.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 26.1 g