Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An Irish American pie,I haven't tried this yet but it sounds great.
- 1 ready to use chocolate wafer pie crust
- 1⁄4 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon mint jelly
- 2 3⁄4 cups whipped topping (Cool Whip is fine)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, seperated
- green food coloring
- 2⁄3 cup light cream
- 1 dash salt
- Combine gelatin,1 T sugar and salt in saucepan.
- Beat egg yolks,cream and whiskey into gelatin mixture.
- Cook over low heat,stirring constantly until mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir in mint jelly.
- Chill until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat egg whites into soft peaks and beat in remaining sugar until mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Fold into chilled mixture,add whipped topping and food coloring,turn into pie crust.
- Garnish with remaining topping and refrigerate until firm.
- Let stand at room temp for 2 hours before cutting.