Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Good Food Magazine, March 1986. This is not only a great dessert for St. Patrick's Day, but works well for other special occasions. The swirl of raspberry preserves gives it a nice party touch. The 4 hours of freezing time has not been included in the preparation time.
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Irish whiskey
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- Beat egg yolks in mixer bowl, gradually adding granulated sugar, and continue beatint until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Beat in whiskey gradually. Transfer to large bowl.
- Beat cream, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla together in mixer bowl until stiff. Gently fold whipped cream, a third at a time, into egg yolks.
- Spoon cream mixture, alternating with thin layers of preserves, into 8 parfait glasses. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
Great dessert, both the wife and I enjoyed. Just the perfect amount of whiskey here giving this one great taste. Want to try it with other preserves too in the future. Made for PRMR tag.