Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was a wonderful layer cake given to me by my first boyfriend's mother, Ellen, in Denmark back in the mid 60's. I made it with our children's help for many years as a birthday cake for our Daddy, and he felt so spoiled! It sure was the highlight of his annual birthday celebration.
- 2 -3 bought layer cake, bottoms,split in half
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- 1 quart whipping cream
- chocolate shavings, for decorating
- instant coffee, for decorating
- Make coffee, then pour into a pot and add sugar, cook till thicken, then add whiskey.
- Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Drissle the cake bottoms with the coffe mix, top with whipping cream.
- Add a layer, drissle, top and so on, on every layer throughout the cake.
- Decorate with piped whipping cream, shaved chocolate and instant coffee over cake.
- Let sit one day.