3 hrs 5 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is from my "Common Market - Ireland" cookbook. This is a yummy sultana (raisin) cake with a slight orange flavor. This cake is best when eaten right after it cools. Prep time includes the 2 hours for soaking the orange peel.
My Private Note
7inch c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the whiskey into a small bowl.
- 2Peel the orange and soak the peel in the whiskey for a few (2) hours; then discard the orange peel.
- 3Add the sultanas to the whiskey, and let them soak while preparing the cake.
- 4In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- 5Add the eggs, one at a time, with a teaspoon of flour for each egg, beating well between each addition.
- 6Sift remaining flour, salt and baking powder together, and fold into the egg mixture.
- 7Fold in the whiskey and sultanas.
- 8Line a greased 7-inch round cake tin with greased paper.
- 9Put in the mixture and bake in a moderate (350°F) oven for about 30-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out dry.
- 10Cool on wire rack.
- 11Serve as soon as its cooled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Whiskey Cake
Serving Size: 1 (919 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3502.3
- Calories from Fat 1397
- Total Fat 155.2 g
- Saturated Fat 92.6 g
- Cholesterol 923.7 mg
- Sodium 1972.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 480.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 271.7 g
- Protein 49.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: