Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From COOKS.COM This one sounds interesting and a little heavy handed. I might try to make this one during the Holidays. Please let me know what you think and or how you liked it.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup Irish whiskey (or less, to taste)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces black walnuts (crushed or coarsely ground)
- 8 ounces vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Irish whiskey (divided)
- Blend together cake mix and pudding mix. In separate bowl, blend together milk, oil and whiskey.
- Add to dry mix and fold in gently.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl and mixing two minutes on moderate speed of mixer, until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into non-stick or lightly greased bundt-style cake or tube pan. Bake at 325°F for 1 1/2 hours, until lightly browned and cake tests done.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze by melting butter in saucepan. Add sugar, water and 1 tablespoon whiskey. Bring to a light boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool 3 minutes and stir in remainder of whiskey. When cake is done, remove from oven and pour glaze over cake in pan.
- Let cool on rack for one hour. Remove from pan, upright onto place or cake disc, to cool completely.
- Cake is best left to mellow, at least overnight, before cutting. Store cake, upside down, in pan. During long storage, turn the cake every couple of days.