Recipe by Nana Lee
Just got this from a food newsletter I receive. Haven't tried it yet but definitely will for St. Paddy's Day! Cooking time does not include 1 hour standing time.
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2-1 cup Irish whiskey (to your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cool; invert onto plate.
- Prick holes in cake with toothpick.
- Drizzle glaze over top and sides, allowing it to be absorbed into cake.
- Continue until all glaze is used.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add water and sugar.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in whiskey.
- Cool slightly and pour over cake as directed above.
- Let sit at least one hour before serving.