Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite cake. My mom always makes it for my birthday!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 -2 fluid ounce whiskey
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup whiskey
- in a bowl combine Pudding and cake mix, milk, egg, and oil beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Flour nuts and fold into batter.
- Bake in a round tube cake pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- While cake is baking you can make the galze; combine white sugar, butter and whiskey (cook until sugar is melted).
- When cake is cooled DO NOT REMOVE FROM PAN; pour glaze over it and leave in pan overnight.
- BE SURE TO TURN CAKE OVER EVERY DAY TO KEEP IT MOIST.
Great recipe. I actually used butter pecan cake mix and pecans as the nuts....everyone at work devoured it and request it often.
This recipe was easy to make. I'm from Kentucky and decided to use bourbon instead of Irish whiskey. You have to let it set for about 5 day before eating it. Everyone was crazy about it! I just made my second one.
This was awful -- I didn't star it because I'm not sure if it was me or the recipe. I had great luck with Whiskey Cake #96446 but wanted to try this one because it had fewer eggs. At 45 minutes in the oven it looked overdone and was shrinking away from the sides. After it sat with the sauce on overnight, I tried to get it out of the pan and the bottom stuck to the pan. Then it was very soggy when I cut it. Maybe I should have left it in the oven longer, but it looked like it was going to get burned. Sorry I don't have a better review.