Recipe by Dr. Jenny
I got this easy, delicious recipe from a friend, whose friend used to serve this in her restaurant in Ireland (hence my name for the dish). The addition of fresh cilantro is key to the flavor of this dish in my opinion.
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
The cilantro was really special here! I did end up increasing a bit of everything as I didn't feel like it was saucy enough for my taste. The end result was really nice, I liked it even better the next day
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 pinches chili powder
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh romano cheese
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, and chili pepper in a large pot. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta, and when cooked, add the Romano cheese.
- Mix the pasta in the pot with the sauce.
- Add cilantro, cream, and vodka.
- Simmer for another 10-15 minutes and serve.