Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this easy, delicious recipe from a friend, whose friend used to serve this in her restaurant in Ireland (hence my name for the dish). The addition of fresh cilantro is key to the flavor of this dish in my opinion.
- Put olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, and chili pepper in a large pot. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta, and when cooked, add the Romano cheese.
- Mix the pasta in the pot with the sauce.
- Add cilantro, cream, and vodka.
- Simmer for another 10-15 minutes and serve.
The cilantro was really special here! I did end up increasing a bit of everything as I didn't feel like it was saucy enough for my taste. The end result was really nice, I liked it even better the next day
Another amazing recipe from Dr. J. I added one can hot rotel tomatoes and omitted chili. I also waited to add the cilantro at the very end as I like a vibrant green color and taste. Amazing!!!
Dr.Jenny thanks for posting. Made for St.Patrick's Day today and it was delicious. The fresh cilantro and Romano are essential. The dish is light yet creamy. I served it with Irish soda bread. Everyone from kids to adults ate it all. Easy and fast. Enjoy! ChefDLH