Recipe by **Jubes**
A simple fruit loaf with basic ingredients. Slice thinly and serve spread with butter. I have not tried this recipe made with gluten free flours.
- 250 g mixed dried fruit, any fruit combination can be used
- 125 g dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup strong black tea
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100 g self-raising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mixed dried fruits, dried apricots , sugar and the black tea in a bowl. Leave overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease a loaf tin.
- Add the beaten egg and sifted flour to the furit/tea mixture. Stir until combined.
- Bake 1 hour or until quite firm on the top.
- Allow to cool. Slice thinly and serve spread with butter.
- NOTE: Cooking time does not include the overnight soaking time.