Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup irish cream (Bailey's Irish Cream)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- strawberry (whole or sliced)
- In a bowl, stir the first 3 ingredients together; press mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack; decrease oven temperature to 300°.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and flour until mixture is smooth—use an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Gradually add in the vanilla and Irish cream, beating just until blended.
- Add in eggs, 1 at a time, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Add in ¾ cup sour cream, beating just until blended.
- Pour half the batter into prepared crust; dollop strawberry preserves over batter; gently swirl batter with a knife to create a marbled effect; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 300° for 55 minutes or until edges of cheesecake are set (center of cheesecake will not appear set).
- Turn oven off; let cheesecake stand in oven 15 minutes; remove cheesecake from oven; gently run a knife around the edge of cheesecake to loosen.
- Cool completely on a wire rack; cover and chill 8 hours.
- Release and remove sides of pan; spread remaining ½ cup sour cream evenly over top of cheesecake (optional)-- I don’t like the taste of unadorned sour cream so I would leave this off.
- Garnish with whole strawberries.
I was taught how to make cheesecake from an older gal who had been making them for years and they are out of this world. This recipe is the closets written form of what she taught me and it turned out AMAZING, I did omit the irish cream for cost but the texture and presentation were delightful- thanks for a great recipe!
This is the BEST cheesecake I have ever tasted. I have 15 orders for Valentine's Day.