1/1 Photo of Irish Stout Chicken
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Cooked on the stove this is a hearty one dish meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3 -4 lb) chicken, whole, cut into serving pieces
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup stout beer, such as Guinness
- 1/2 lb fresh button mushroom
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- 2Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender.
- 3Remove vegetables with slotted spoon to small bowl.
- 4Arrange chicken in single layer in skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- 5Add onion, garlic, carrots, parsnips, thyme, salt and pepper to skillet.
- 6Pour stout over chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 7Reduce heat to low.
- 8Cover and simmer 35 minutes.
- 9Add mushrooms and peas to skillet.
- 10Cover; cook 10 minutes.
- 11Uncover skillet; increase heat to medium. Cook 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced and chicken is no longer pink in center.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Stout Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.4
- Calories from Fat 527
- Total Fat 58.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 255.1 mg
- Sodium 760.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 67.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: