2 hrs 15 mins
Fleur Winger's Note:
This is a lovely winter warmer which is very easy to prepare. It can be cooked in a crock pot and ready to eat when you get home from work. Don't be restricted by the stout as any dark ale or beer is fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a frying pan brown the steaks and set aside in a large casserol dish and add onions.
- 2Into the frying pan pour the beef stock and salt and pepper then cook until all the beef residue has lifted.
- 3Pour over meat and onions and cook for 1 hour.
- 4Stir into casserol the carrots, potatoes, kumera and thyme sprigs.
- 5Return to oven and cook another hour.
- 6With a perforated spoon, lift out vegetables and meat.
- 7Mix cornflour with a little water to make a paste and stir into stock until thickened.
- 8Pour over meat and vegetables and serve with seasonal green vegetables.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Stout Beef Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 933.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: