Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This was really good - 8 points plus/serving for 2 cups of stew
Make and share this Irish Stew (Crockpot and WW) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 lbs lamb, boneless and cut into I inch chunks (I used the lamb stew meal that is also in pieces)
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 2 cups white pearl onions, peeled
- 2 parsnips, quartered lengthwise and cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 turnip, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- Set aside 2 T broth in a cup.
- Mix remaining broth ad the next 9 ingredients (lamb - pepper) in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on lo for 8 hours or 4hours on high.
- 30 minutes before cooking time is up, whisk reserved broth and flour in a cup until smooth. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the hot stew liquid into the flour/broth mixture and then add to stew in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf and stir in peas and parsley.