1 hr 20 mins
From allrecipes.com to keep my collection in one place
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean beef, cubes for stew
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 12 ounces irish stout beer
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Coat beef cubes with flour, shaking off the excess.
- 3Fry beef cubes until browned on all sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- 4Add the onion and mushrooms to the pot, and cook stirring constantly until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- 5Return beef to the pot, and stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and beer.
- 6Add potatoes and carrots, cover, and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour.
- 7Mix together the cornstarch and cold water. Stir into the stew, and simmer until thickened.
- 8Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Stew
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 528.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 22.3 g