Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From allrecipes.com to keep my collection in one place
Make and share this Irish Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean beef, cubes for stew
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 12 ounces irish stout beer
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat.
- Coat beef cubes with flour, shaking off the excess.
- Fry beef cubes until browned on all sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the pot, and cook stirring constantly until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Return beef to the pot, and stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and beer.
- Add potatoes and carrots, cover, and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour.
- Mix together the cornstarch and cold water. Stir into the stew, and simmer until thickened.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.