Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From The Best of British Food. To be served with mash or baked potatoes.
- 8 links irish sausages
- 450 g red shallots, peeled
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 225 g button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 125 ml red wine
- 250 ml beef stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 190c or gas mark 5.
- Grill the sausages until brown.
- Fry the shallots and mushrooms in the olive oil until brown.
- Add the flour to the pan and mix well.
- Place the sausages, shallots, mushrooms and carrots into a casserole dish.
- Pour in the stock and wine and add salt and pepper. Cook for 40-45 minutes.