Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Based on a traditional Irish Soda Bread recipe, these muffins can be served on St. Patrick's Day for breakfast or with a corned beef and cabbage dinner.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground hot air popped corn
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin, soaked in hot water
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 15 minutes before making muffins, soak raisins in hot water to make them plump.
- Sift flour, measure and sift with baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Add buttermilk, popped corn, eggs and melted butter.
- Stir in raisins, drained and caraway seeds Fill well-oiled muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake in pre-heated oven (435 F) for 20 minutes.
- Makes 12 regular size muffins.