Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- all-purpose flour, for dusting muffin tops
- Preheat oven to 375°; grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the raisins and caraway seeds.
- Gently stir in the buttermilk until just blended.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pan.
- Sprinkle tops lightly with flour (about ½ teaspoon per muffin).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a pick comes out clean; remove from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.