1/1 Photo of Irish Soda Bread With Raisins
A very moist, lovely and flavorful bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Spray 8-inch-diameter cake pan with nonstick spray.
- 3Whisk flour, 4 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in large bowl to blend.
- 4Add butter.
- 5Using fingertips, rub in until coarse meal forms.
- 6Make well in center of flour mixture.
- 7Add buttermilk.
- 8Gradually stir dry ingredients into milk to blend.
- 9Mix in raisins.
- 10Using floured hands, shape dough into ball.
- 11Transfer to prepared pan and flatten slightly (dough will not come to edges of pan).
- 12Sprinkle dough with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 13Bake bread until brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- 14Cool bread in pan 10 minutes.
- 15Transfer to rack.
- 16Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Soda Bread With Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1849.9
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 4332.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 343.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 132.6 g
- Protein 37.2 g